Installation of Polymer Concrete Flat Pads:
Please refer to local and utility for installation guidelines. These installation guidelines are for reference only, proper installation shall be the sole responsibility of the contractor.
- Determine positioning of cables/conduits
- Excavate area large enough to fit pad being installed and recess the area enough so that the top of the pad will be slightly above grade of the surrounding area.
- Backfill and tamp trench leading to the cable entrance area
- Level and tamp dirt around cable/conduit entrance
- Level and compact the area that is going to be occupied by the flat pad with material such as gravel, soil or stone dust
- Place pad on level firm base with the cable/conduits positioned in the cable entrance hole of the pad
- Backfill and tamp area around the pad bringing it to the desired grade
- Place equipment on the pad and bolt down with appropriate hardware
A firm base for the pad is very important for support as well as drainage.